Acupuncture is a well established therapy, originating in China over 2000 years ago and now practised throughout the world.
It is recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and increasingly used within the NHS and mainstream medicine by doctors, nurses and physiotherapists.
Acupuncture is a gentle, safe and effective treatment for a wide range of health problems both physical and emotional.
By inserting fine needles into specific points on the body, acupuncture can balance and harmonise the energy, promote self healing and restore vitality.
For more information on how acupuncture works see www.acupuncture.org.uk
As well as treating recognised conditions (see below), at the Brighton Acupuncture Clinic I aim to help my patients achieve the very best of health and wellbeing by helping to improve energy, increasing resistance to illness and offering support through the stresses and demands of modern life.
Some of the conditions we frequently encounter in the clinic include:
- Neurological: headaches, migraines, neuralgia, dizziness, vertigo
- Respiratory: asthma, hay fever, frequent coughs and colds, sinusitis, allergies
- Cardiovascular: heart arhythmia, angina, circulatory problems, Raynaud’s
- Digestive: indigestion, heartburn, IBS, ulcerative colitis, diarrhoea, constipation
- Urogenital: cystitis, enlarged prostate, thrush
- Musculo-skeletal: back pain, joint pain, sciatica, arthritis, tight and aching muscles, tendinitis, tennis elbow, RSI, frozen shoulder, strains, sprains and muscle weakness
- Gynaecological: menstrual problems, painful, heavy or irregular periods, endometriosis, fibroids, PMT, menopausal hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings
- Emotional: insomnia, anxiety, stress, panic attacks, depression
- Skin: eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne
- Addictions: cigarettes, alcohol, drugs
- Low energy, tiredness, exhaustion, post viral fatigue
In addition I have undergone extensive post graduate training and specialise in the following areas:
Treatment for unexplained infertility, hormone imbalance, ovulation failure, PCOS. To enhance female and male fertility, improve sperm count/motility
IVF/IUI/ICSI preparation for and support through all stages of treatment including ovarian stimulation, egg collection and embryo transfer
Acupuncture for women who have experienced frequent miscarriages
Pre and postnatal, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, fatigue, insomnia, carpal tunnel, back/ligament/pelvic pain, breech presentation, pre birth treatment, post term acupuncture induction, acupressure for labour and childbirth, post natal depression, tiredness, anaemia, mastitis
I am trained to treat babies and children of all ages for many common childhood illnesses including colic, sleep disorders, bed wetting, coughs, colds, asthma,eczema, allergies, digestive problems, constipation, diarrhoea
Until its closure in September 2020 I treated children at the Dolphin House Clinic for 30 years.
Acupuncture can be beneficial before and after surgery and to help reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, to strengthen energy and relieve pain.
Treatment for sports injuries to muscles, ligaments, joints and tendons to reduce inflammation and alleviate pain. Acupuncture during training and competitions has also been shown to enhance athletic performance.